Friday, June 8, 2007

T.G.I.F.


Don't get me started on the weather - just hoping for a sunnier weekend. Froze on the golf course yesterday, and the wind keeps stirring things up, which is worse than the temperature. My golf pro scolded me about using slick (worn out) grips, so I dropped them off to get new ones. Glad he keeps me in line -- or should I say, my ball.
The aftermath of the big fire in Anchorage -- I think I wrote about the luxury condos downtown that burned down -- had so many horror stories that I won't blog, but in addition to some homeless friends now, I found out two other friends, within blocks of the condo, have an amputated leg, and bone cancer, respectively. It's awful news. Looking at a happier side, the Convention and Visitors Bureau had their monthly business exchange last night at Rust's Flying Service, and it was delightful. The winds calmed down long enough for free flightseeing rides, and there was a band playing, several stands from local restaurants with 'bites' all complimentary. I invited some friends and relatives, and we all enjoyed.... how could you not! Here's a picture of my deck.

No comments: