Monday, August 13, 2007

Wild Summer

That's an overused word in Alaska, but since the Convention and Visitor's Bureau paid $200,000 to 'assign' it, I feel I must use it to describe a great summer. The weather has been so beautiful, and we are blessed. My friends in the lower states write about rain, heat, humidity, bugs, but we have escaped all that. I don't know why there are no bugs in the city, but I don't even put my screens on the windows. Of course, get out to the bush and the mosquitoes are huge, and other vermin, but the golf course is as far as I've gotten out of town this summer. There have a bunch of visitors here recently, and they continue to pour in. We've had three magicians from Cincinnati, Florida and California, and relatives, girlfriends, etc. I'm saving myself to travel outside when the good weather declines. I guess the word outside is that we have bad legislators. They're trying so hard to pin something on them, but haven't succeeded as yet. There is no way we will be changing our senators and congressman. We have only one of the latter, and today he gave a public salmon fry on the Park Strip. Perhaps that'll put him in good stead.

No comments: