Monday, April 6, 2009

Springtime in Alaska


Looking over my recent blogs, I realize I never shared this image above . . . quite out of date, but it's so beautiful I had to share it with the reader. It was sculpted in Fairbanks, not Anchorage, but I have to give them credit for their challenges.

If you saw my last blog were posted, you would know that I recently returned from a trip to Oregon and California. It's springtime down there in reality, and here in Alaska, it's just on the calendar. The hardest time of the year here, as the snow is all dirty, and the eruption of Mt. Redoubt hasn't helped a bit. It's like dirt and soot all over your car, lawn, flowers (joke) . . well, I'm exaggerating, because it's still winter, and breakup is a messy time. However, we have plenty of indoor sports in Anchorage, and a fairly new addition to the city is "The Dome" which is a bubble the size of two plus football fields. It's been a boon for the school's sports programs, as they can start practicing track and field early.

So I'll sign off here check my other blog . . . I know Google would not like for me to tell you that wordpress dot com has my other blog and they have a few advantages . . . my name there is alaskab4udie. My next blog I'm going to write up some stories about the travel insurance I'm selling now and how it hasn't covered volcanos. It was a lesson in futility, but it's still wise to take it out. You never know. I ran into a girlfriend, Pam, who was returning to Anchorage from N.J. and was stranded in Seattle four nights, waiting for flights to resume. She couldn't even get her checked bag, so had to buy the usual necessary things, all at her own expense. Don't you know she would have benefited from having insurance. Why not buy, just in case.

4 comments:

we.are.the.disconnect said...

Welcome back from Oregon, we are seeing some very pretty Anchorage outfits despite the dirt ice and soot!

Anonymous said...

Not bad article, but I really miss that you didn't express your opinion, but ok you just have different approach

Anonymous said...

I didn't understand the concluding part of your article, could you please explain it more?

Anonymous said...

watch tv on my computer , watch tv on a computer , how do i watch tv on my computer , watch tv on your computer , watch tv on ur computer , watch tv on a computer , to watch tv on computer

Of late, a niche form of IPTV is catching on really well. This one is accessed and watched on PC. It can also be wired out to TVs but the landing console of the programming streams is the PC. The sources are basically FTA (Free-to-Air) broadcasts from all over cyberspace making it essentially free TV on PC.
So what are you waiting for?You will be able to relax in the comfort of your home, office or anywhere on the go and watch thousands of channels all across the globe. This is what technology is all about.
Family Viewing- This is great for a family setting where you can all sit down and watch 3000 channels together. Yes, there are that many channels through the satellite TV for PC application. Can you watch on computer? Yes, with this set up, you all can.
watch tv on your computer for free
can i watch tv on my computer