Friday, May 22, 2009

Anchorage Hosts Bearded Men



Anchorage is hosting the international beard contest tomorrow, and all around town today there are these bearded guys from the whole world struttin' around. I went to the Chamber of Commerce Business Exchange, and they gave us all $20 tickets, so I guess I'll go, altho' the Pioneers are really working all weekend, getting the Downtown Cemetery ready for Monday's ceremony.
Of course, there will be the usual trail out of town, but there is plenty to do here. The American Legion is having their anual bar-be-cue, and there is a half-marathon run coming up, too.






Addendum: These characters have been parading around town, and it's such fun to watch them in their 'costumes', which adds interest to the beards and moustaches. I liked Robert E. Lee best, as I get nostalgic to my Texas days. I'll try to find a shot of him, to post here. Guess I could even get out my Nikkon Cool Pix and snap a shot myself . . .

The weather has been so beautiful the past weeks, that I'm reminded why I live here. Plan your next holiday in the great state, and you'll see what I mean. .. . .

No comments: