Wednesday, July 4, 2007

The Fourth of July


It took all day, but the sun finally appeared at 8 p.m. That's Anchorage for you. The stands at Mulcahy Park are full with the crowd waiting for the double header to end, so the fireworks can be displayed. This won't happen until midnight, as we are still having daylight 18 hours a day here.
The pancake breakfast on the Park Strip was a good one, and the parade following it was also a winner. I actually was in the parade, so maybe I'm prejudiced about that. It wasn't planned in advance, but my friends in a club talked me into walking with them, especialy since I was wearing red, white, and blue. Then they had the reading of the Declaration of Independence in 'costumed' men, and some private parties followed. Let's say that this gal is too pooped to pop, so I'm going to watch the fireworks from our balcony. It's only about a mile or less, air distance. Can't close out the day without a prayer for our military in Iraq.

No comments: