Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Independence Day


This year, the Fourth of July falls on a Wednesday. .. complicates things for workers who want the whole week off, and I hear, sometimes get it. It's not a week off for the Anchorage Bucs, who had a bad defeat (is there any other kind) last night, and especially to the Glacier Pilots.

Playing golf at Moose Run today was uncomfortable for me, because I'm afraid of bears. I know too many horror stories. There was a bear cub following us, walked across the green. We gave him right of way, but the question to me was, where it his mother. Anyone knows that you don't get between the two. The course marshall warned us at the next hole that 'she' was near the 150 yd. marker. Yep, exactly where I hit my drive. Well, sorry that's the end of the story, because I never saw her, but I could surely embellish this story.

The weather appears to be holding for the Fourth celebration. It starts with a pancake feed on the Parkstrip - for those non-Alaskans reading this, that's the block east-west between 9th and 10th avenue. It originally was used for an airport runway, then for a short golf course, and now mostly houses several carnivals during the year. The parade is at 11 a.m. Should be a nice day!

No comments: