Thursday, October 25, 2007

And finally . . . snow!


The white cover arrived late this fall, but it did arrive. The weather is actually quite pleasant, and I've been saddened by the weather, wind, and fire of the San Bernadino area of California. It's so sad to see the beautiful homes and cars all burned and melted down. . . . this image was on the front page of the morning paper here, and I think it was great of photographer Marc Liester to have captured the moment at Kincaid Park. This is just a few miles from my condo, on the south side of the airport.

Today we have a birthday party for the seniors at Pioneer Home that have had birthdays in October. I play the piano and my friend plays drums. Their chef makes a big sheet cake, and actually the food there is quite decent! Tonight the Convention and Visitors Bureau hosts an Evening Exchange at Mixx Grill. It used to be Mick's Grill, but chef Mick left, then came back.

Construction around downtown, and midtown, is still going on like crazy, and yes, they do work thru the winter. I'll post an image of this one quite unusual building on Fireweed Lane when I get my digital camera out (or they put it in the paper -- easier). Until later, then . . .

No comments: