Saturday, October 20, 2007

Lazy Saturday in Anchorage

There's nothing especially to read on for -- I just wanted to apologize for posting the lyrics of the Shaker Song on yesterday's blog. You see, I was experimenting with things you can do from an html screen. It's just amazing, and I will never understand computers. I started taking computer classes over 20 yrs. ago, and learned DOS well enough to teach it at the University of Alaska Anchorage. I thought I was pretty smart, and loved email, and when the web came about, there I was. I was one of the first to 'do' windows, but missed the disk operating system. I guess I'm getting nostalgic, because I have spent the past few days throwing away my old notes and text books. Whoever thought they would be out of date. I hope I stay alive long enough to see what comes next. Maybe there will be a way to do my email from the great beyond. I think that PC's and Mac's work the same way when you're online.
Well, to get back to the Shaker Song, I got the music from a friend (pirated?) the other night, and have been playing it, and singing it. You are spared because I don't think I can put a wave or midi file on my blog. Maybe I should try. Anyhow, it sounds pretty good to me, and I'll have to put it in my repertoire. Actually, I'm into novelty songs. One of my favorites is, I'm in Love with My Attorney Bernie. I also like anything Antonio Carlos Jobim wrote. Did you know that the "J" in Jobim is a soft "J" ... I only recently realized that, as I guess it's Portuguese. Well, here I am rambling on . . you can go now. .. bye . ..

No comments: