Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It's Zero!

This is the time of year I get things done. That could be good, or bad, depending on how you look at it. You see, it's just too cold outside to leave my warm, comfy condo unnecessisarily, so I stay indoors, and do my chores. . . It can be quite beautiful to look outside at the snow-laden trees, but it's too cold to snow anymore now, and even the sunshine is cold. How can it be, when the view is so beautiful.

Downtown Anchorage has the ice-carving contest going on, and I simply must take a digital shot when I go downtown again. It's so cold, they can't use hot water on the ice for sculpting, or the ice will crack. The results are beautiful, so far. Last night, my girlfriend picked me up in her 'already warmed' car, and we drove by them on the way to a hostel meeting. I wrote this up on my travel blog which I started to promote and give tips and advice on Alaska Travel. The real trick is to get visitors to Alaska year-round, but I hardly blame them for avoiding this zero degree weather. Oh, we do get to a plus 8 during the day, I guess. This is the reason they started a winter event called Fur Rendezvous many years ago. I'll be writing about this on my travel blog pretty soon now.

No comments: