Saturday, September 8, 2007

Football Season


It's been a while since I went to a football game, and I chose a good one, as it was homecoming for South High School in Anchorage. This really doesn't mean a lot since the school has only been in existence for 3 years, but they made the most of it. The football team is really first class, as is everything else about this school.
The cheerleaders are great, and the uniforms are neat and spiffy. The pre-game exercises are a dancing treat for viewing. My friends' son is playing varsity this year for South, so my cheers went for them. They're a classy bunch, out there.
They don't have any marching bands in Anchorage, but the school band did a good job from the bleachers. The half-time program had a parade of floats from the 4 classes, followed by the princesses marching thru the sabers held by the ROTC. It was a special night, and I loved every minute, even if 'my' school was blown away by South.
By the way, the good weather also ended last night. We had steady rain all day today. So I stayed home and watched Justine Henin win the US Open. What a gal!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What's the name of that handsome #21? I bet he gets his looks from his dad!!

Love to you in warm Arizona!!