Saturday, September 1, 2007

Labor Day Arrives!







Lazy weekend here, playing catch up. . . Watching the tennis tournament, and cheering for Andy . . . sorry that Maria lost. I never really thought about it, but today's game is the hard serve and volley ... . no one goes to the net anymore it seems. I'm an old fogie and like the old days. But styles change and we have to accept them.





I played in a golf playday yesterday, and since it was a 'team golf'' contest, you have to play by all the rules. But when you know the rules and challenge a decision, you just try to find it in the rule book when you're in a rush. It could turn ugly. . . and it did . . . I was out for pleasure, not the $10 our team happened to win. Well, the season's about over in Alaska, and I'd guess about half of the golfers I play with winter in the lower states.

No comments: