Monday, February 4, 2008

Anchorage Ski for Women


I've been reading a blog written up in today's paper... Shake Your Beauty which is pretty classy. However, beauty tips are secondary here to searching for ways to survive in our minus degree weather. It's the middle of the day for me, and still in the single digits. Yesterday was no different, and Anchorage hosted the Ski For Women Benefit, which didn't deter most of the entrants. This is the largest women's cross country ski race in the country I understand, and benefits women's shelters in Anchorage. I'm posting a picture of one of the groups, honoring our Anchorage Symphony and Conductor. Each year the costumes get more elaborate. Remember this is in a typical sunny zero degree weather day.
Confession: I opted to go to a Super Bowl Party at the Petroleum Club (indoors).

No comments: