Wednesday, May 30, 2007

At the Bank

So, it appeared to be an ordinary day . . . a picnic luncheon at the church, a meeting with the magicians, few piano lessons, and cap it off with a visit to the bank, and the Petroleum Club. But it was not to be. As I was reaching for the door to enter my bank, one of the girl's was locking it and said, We have an emergency. This was a bit suspicious, and I thought, oh, a robbery. So I went across the hall and had a coke, then had a long talk about the Alaska gas line with a knowledgeable fellow (well-known radio announcer) and learned a lot about how I should be thinking. This has been the biggest political issue that Alaska has had to face, and it is still not resolved, as the new governor threw out a more sensible proposal of the former governor. Meanwhile, across the hall, police cars arrived, and some policemen entered the club to look at the surveillence video from the common hall at the entrance. In order to keep to my stress-free life, I left, and came home to finish daily to-do list. Done!

No comments: