Sunday, May 20, 2007

Church Etiquette

Today's church's are different from the past. The old traditional churches have been forced - is that too strong a word - to have a contemporary service on Sunday mornings, and my older, traditional church is no different. But since I have been writing my gripes daily (I have to get on a new track when I lose material, if I ever do) I am adding one today that's been buggin me for some time now. This group of 5 or 6 teenagers leaves their gardening (I say that because they still have their gardening clothing on) to lead the singing of Christian songs each Sunday. Now I know that's a hard task, and they do get thirsty, but drinks re not allowed in the sanctuary at our church and posting reflect this rule. They obviously ignore these signs, or perhaps they don't know how to read, but I feel that the usher's should top them, and anyone else who comes into the sanctuary with a bottle or styrofoam cup of something/anything. Well, that started me off. . . another thing that really bugs me is this graduating senior gal, who has a practice weekly of snatching the music stand the pastor uses for his notes DURING HIS CLOSING PRAYER. Then she sets it up with the other 3 or 4 song leaders and continues with the closing song.
Well, there's lots more I could gripe about, but I'm going to try to be more pleasant tomorrow.

No comments: