Saturday, May 26, 2007

Stamps


Today, I experienced another 'first' . . . I walked into the Post Office and there was no line. The agents almost seemed happy to have some business. I mailed my package and bought stamps in minutes. I'm going to try some 'Forever' stamps, altho' I couldn't resist a sheet of Star Wars stamps, too. Speaking of stamps, I understand it's a long process to have a stamp dedicated to your cause. I'm a state officer of Hostelling International, and 'we' are lobbying in Washington D.C. to have a stamp made in 2009 to honor 100 years of hostelling. I don't quite understand the process, even tho' my friend is a governor on the USPS Board (Commission?) ... we talk about other things when we socialize, but I have a lot to learn. I also read recently that soon we'll be able to print up a stamp with our own image on it. You used to have to be dead -- but then you couldn't print it. Okay, just an attempt at levity. Memorial Day weekend is progressing with a lot going on locally in Anchorage, to keep us off the roads. . . that is, if the price of a gallon of gas doesn't.

No comments: