Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Chicago Magic



Chicago is a great place to shop for magic products. I was lucky to be shown a store called Midwest Magic that had the biggest display of illusions I've seen since some warehouses a few years ago. Our host/owner, Tim Felix was kind enough to show us some great tricks. Another store that was also pretty neat was Magic, Inc. which was a little closer to downtown, and also a delight to shovel through. My host, RB, then took me to a show called Magic Cabaret at Victory Gardens Biograph Theatre. I posted a picture of P.T. Murphy above and his partner, David Parr, gave us a heap of entertainment. They had a special guest at this performance, Ross Johnson, who did some amazing mentalism illusions, so the night was really special for me.

By now, you're tired of reading about my trip, but I do also have to mention another special event I attended. This was the taping of Legends of Jazz, a public television show hosted by Ramsey Lewis. It won't be aired until April, but it was good to see Jazz Lives, and the local station is WTTW, anagram for Windows to the World, and so it is. Bye, Chicago.. . . later . ..

1 comment:

Pork Train said...

Thank you for coming out the The Magic Cabaret. We hope to see you again soon!
Best
P.T.