Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Odyssey Continues



The Embassy Suites is a first-class hotel. The thriving suburb of Schaumberg is crammed with many large company home-offices, and the one-time 'largest' shopping mall in US - that is, before Minneapolis outdid them. It is also closer to O'Hare, or ORD, or 'the airport', than downtown Chicago.
This hotel offers happy-hour nightly at 5:30 p.m. with hosted drinks. That's a good way to start the evening, but for me, it also finished it. After a bite in their nice, but empty, LaFitte Restaurant, I thought it time to luxuriate in my living room and watch some TV, read a bit, and you know, the girl-thing.


Another offering of the hotel is the catered breakfast. I chose mushrooms and bacon bits in my hand-done omelet, with the usual other things, including watermelon, for my breakfast. Okay, I know you've stopped reading this by now, but remember, it's easier than writing notes to myself, so I guess I'm just blogging to me. The swimming pool and hot-tub are calling, so I'm logging off now. My grandchildren are on the way down from Madison, WI, and I'll wait there for them.

No comments: