Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Fur Rendezvous Addendum



The parade was a good one, and I just have to share some cute photos of my friend's horse, decorated with antlers like a moose. They wore costumes, and filled in for the lack of marching bands. In this weather, your lips would stick to the mouthpiece of a trumpet and it would be difficult to perform your best. It was pretty cold on the horses, too, but they're tough.

The King and Queen Regent are attending everything, and have such stamina to do it all. I wanted to post their picture, too, but haven't received one yet. Our local paper totally ignores them, but they are a pretty special couple chosen each year from the Pioneers of Alaska. Today, they appeared at the funny hat lunch. I misunderstood, and thought it was an 'edible' hat lunch, but that was just one of several categories. Since I was the only one with an edible hat, I won a blue ribbon for that. But there were many fancy and comical hats there, too.

Check back here in a few days for my sparse coverage of the Iditarod Ceremonial Start of the Dogsled race to Nome . . about 1100 miles of rough going.


By the way, I want to mention that I'm now selling travel insurance. I have used one company with such success on travel mishaps, that I want to share this product with you. It'll be available online, so you don't really have to come to Alaska to get it, but it would be great for you to include Alaska in your future!

No comments: