Monday, March 16, 2009

Jazz Week in Anchorage


Attention this week is temporarily diverted to the annual Jazz Week. This is overlapping this year with St. Patrick's Day, and the finish of the Iditarod Race to Nome. However, the University of Alaska Music Department is sponsoring this as a showcase for their jazz program, and it includes several workshops, concerts, jam sessions, and networking for a special group of jazz lovers. We were visited last week by Ramsey Lewis, and then Taj Mahal trio played, so there's plenty downtown, in addition to the University Arts Building. So by the time I post again, I'll have some images for you, plus the finish of the great race.
On my last blog, I mentioned the travel insurance I am presently licensed to sell, but you must not just cast the idea aside, as you may reflect on how you wished you had it. I will give you one personal example that sold me on it.
A few years ago, I headed to Texas for a cruise out of Galveston. My luggage was lost (delayed?) along the way, so I had to leave the next day on this cruise. I never carry 'stuff' on the plane, so I had to buy makeup, toiletries, vitamin pills, sneakers, few changes of summer clothing, etc. I put in a claim, and was reimbursed without hasstle. I did get my suitcase the next week when I returned, but not in time for use on the cruise. Another time, I was traveling back to Anchorage and I was sick. I just couldn't make the last leg of the trip, so I stayed over in a city en route, went to a doctor the next day, waited at girlfriend's home for 2 days, then completed my trip back, with penalties on the ticket. Travelguard paid for both the medical and the ticket. I have more stories, but check out my 'reasons to buy' page.

Like most pages, filling it out may be a bummer for you, so email me, and I'll fill it out for you.

No comments: