Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Iditarod Goes On


I'll get off this kick soon. You either love these races or you don't. But the race will end in Nome in a few more days, and I'll get back to my talk about the happenings in Anchorage. I hope the reader will enjoy he same things I do, as I post some of them. The weather here is finally approaching springtime weather, and the sun's been shining every day. This might mean that the snow is over with.. . maybe. When it does warm up a bit, the Nenana Ice Classic will end. If you don't know what that is, well, it's a raffle to guess the exact minute the post in the ice at Nenana will tip over. If there's just one winner, you could be looking at a pot of several hundred thousand dollars. At least, you can be sure the 'feds' are watching, as it is taxable. Ahem! I wouldn't mind paying the tax on winnings, so I'll just sit tight and wait on that one.. .

No comments: