Thursday, June 14, 2007

Anchorage Bucs Baseball




The baseball season in Anchorage is pretty short, but it's a great delight to go to the Ball Park and cheer for the Bucs.

We are part of the Alaska Baseball League, and there is one other club in Anchorage called Glacier Pilots. This is the second week of the season, and the players are still arriving from the colleges in the lower states. There are several highlights during the 6 week season, but the most important event for the players is probably the scouts coming near the end of the season, recruiting some players for the Major League Farm Clubs. You can view the success stories of some players on their webpage. . . . there's also a link to the famous Abbott and Costello banter, "Who's on First". I hope the reader is old enough to remember this, but I suspect the new age -- Generation X -- would enjoy it, too. So, Take me out to the ball game. Take me out with the crowd, buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks, I don't care if . ...

No comments: