Sunday, June 3, 2007

Anchorage Fish


Credit for this beautiful fish art comes from Ray Troll. He's a great artist who lives in Ketchikan. I wasn't really trying to 'steal' it without permission, but my subject today has no pictures. They will be coming tomorrow I'm sure, as the big fish display was today in the atrium of the Conoco-Phillips Building, and there was a huge crowd of locals there viewing, and voting for, the decorated fish. The ideas were all so clever, and it was hard to just choose the favorite one. I'm just being too cheerful today. Of course, I have to gripe about something, and today's gripe is one that is more far reaching than just the fish exhibit. So here goes . . . WHY do people who re talking in a microphone think they have to shout to be heard. Today is the spoken word of some woman, but I am referring to rock singers, vocalists of all kinds, politicians, etc.
I hope that whoever reads this will take note that you don't have to shout into a mike if it's a working mike. So there! It's a beautiful day in big A.

No comments: