Monday, June 11, 2007

Hello, Sunshine


We've been blessed with another day of sunshine. Today's paper features a great local couple who celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary with a neighborhood party and dedication of a staircase on a downtown street-connector. Anyone who knows Anchorage would know their names when they view the image above, but I don't use names on my blog. There were four picnics yesterday that I knew to choose from. The Petroleum Club held my favor, and it was a great, well-planned picnic held on the lawn between two commercial/office buildings. There were several booths with varied games like ring-toss, basketball shoot, etc. Then, the buffet line include the usual fare plus great barbecued pork ribs. Attendance was surprisingly low, and I often wonder why more members don't take advantage of the complementary events at the club. In the evening, another party for my son's in-laws who are returning to the lower states tomorrow. Food and drink a-plenty. So I call today a wind-down day.

No comments: