Monday, June 25, 2007

Fires!

The local news describes the terrible fires on the Kenai Peninsula. For readers unfamiliar with that area, it's south of Anchorage about 150 miles, and the 'end of the road' is in Homer. You may remember hearing Tom Bodgett recite his prose about this, or at least his commercial about "we'll leave the light on for ya!" . .. The rains I wrote about yesterday do little, well maybe 'a' little to quell the flames, and the beautiful wooded areas are carrying the lovely homes with them.
I did not see a word in the morning paper about the 'other' fire in Lake Tahoe Looking at L.A. Times website, it shows some of the luxury class homes going up in smoke. The Reno paper had no mention of the fire, even tho' they're only a few miles away. I didn't check today's paper, but we were looking at last night's information. There's got to be a way to control all these fires, but no one's come up with a magic I-pod, or cell phone that can shoot a fire out. They do everything else. In fact, they're putting so many gadgets on cell phones now, it makes one feel primitive to not have one. That's me. I had two cells, for a year each, and gave 'em up. Guess I'll settle for my computer and fax machine to keep up with the times. I still get hard copy newspaper in the morning, too. Just an old fashioned gal . ..

No comments: